Thursday 14 March 2013

Day 8: "Take Me Home, Country Roads"




          The Cahill family is known for their cowboy-esque ways. My grandfather, Grant Cahill loved his horses and purchased a large farm on the outskirts of Strathroy. Of course his sons grew up and fell in love with his passion and both of my uncles have continued the ranching tradition. My Grandpa always took my brother, my cousin and I out horseback riding when we were growing up and so I have fond memories about the times we shared. He passed away a few years ago to cancer and I have not been riding since. But, when I saw the opportunity to ride in Ireland, the home of my ancestors, I knew I had to partake on this excursion. Here I feel I will be truly connected to him and his spirit will be with me as I look over the beautiful cliffs of Moher on horseback.


http://www.horseriding-ireland.com/images/2010/100_1970.JPG
Might be best if we have some lessons before hand ~Josh worries


          After horseback riding, we will stop and pick up sandwiches for lunch and make our way to Fanore Beach. Here we can have a picnic and relax as we listen to the calming sounds of the waves and feel the sun's rays warming our faces. This will definitely be a change of pace, but a much needed one.

          The Atlantic View Guest House seemed like a  no-brainer when deciding where to stay for the two nights in Doolin. It's so close to the cliffs of Moher (15 Minutes) that you can feel the ocean breeze. It doesn't hurt that we get a free breakfast either (pancakes for me and a traditional Irish breakfast for Josh).

No comments:

Post a Comment