Friday 15 March 2013

Day 10: "There is risk and truth to yourselves and the world before you." -Seamus Heaney




http://audiobookaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/angelas-ashes-audio-book.jpg
Angela's Ashes

          
          The next morning, while traveling through Limerick, Josh and I will stop at the Frank McCourt Museum. I will never forget Angela's Ashes. It was on the list of novels we had to read in grade 12 and this touching and haunting memoir truly affected me. As Grade 12 was pivotal to shaping my career as a teacher, and also further instilled within me a love for language, I feel stopping at this museum is a must.


http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7061/6958739685_a3ccf0f415_k.jpg
Oooo, So pretty
           After this quick visit we will go to one of the places I actually knew about before planning out my vacation, the Blarney stone, and yes I am going to kiss it! As a teacher I need the gift of gab. I will admit I am a little nervous to be leaning over the edge to kiss the stone, I have a 'little' fear of heights ...We will also tour the gardens surrounding the castle afterward, most likely in hopes of calming me down after this event! I think Josh just wants to go into the poison garden section which has an "enter at your own risk" sign. With plants I have only heard of in stories, like Wolfsbane and Mandrake, I am quite excited to see it as well. There are also tours of the castle and its dungeon which sounds fun and spooky as well. (blarneycastle.ie) 


http://www.blarneycastle.ie/images/crop/355/280/20101123030915kissing_stone_20060815161152.jpg
I won't need the help to kiss the stone ~Josh
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6094/6332238044_f99fc2643d_b.jpg
A skull? Is this safe?
















           Afterward, we will treat ourselves at the Castlemartyr Golf Club and invest in the package deal which includes dinner, 18 holes of golf, and a deluxe room. (this will be our most expensive night but why not indulge :) There is also a swimming pool as the site explains, which will be nice to relax in after walking around the castle all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment