Friday 15 March 2013

Day 12: "A drink precedes a story" ~Irish Proverb



           My Aunt Linda, whose family is from Ireland, told me as I was planning my trip that I had to go to Waterford Crystals. So this stop is for you Auntie Linda! I look forward to seeing how such works of art are created, I really do not know much about glass making so I am highly intrigued. And, of course, I look forward to purchasing a set of fancy glasses for Josh and I (it is not our 15th anniversary but who doesn’t like crystals!)

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/66/d6/d7/house-of-waterford-crystal.jpg
Quite the spectacle in the "Blowing department"


           After stopping somewhere for a quick lunch we will then make our way back to Dublin. 

           Our next stop, which I am very very excited about, is the Guinness Storehouse. There, some of the highlights I have discovered by exploring the site is learning how to make Guinness and also, learning how to pour the "perfect pint" (guinness-storehouse.com). I am usually quite embarrassed when it comes to pouring beer so I look forward to developing this skill so I can impress my friends back home! What is interesting about the storehouse is how each floor holds something different. For example, there is a restaurant where we will eat dinner (yum... meals made with Guinness)! Another floor has a spectacular shop where Josh and I will most definitely buy a Guinness shirt and I plan on buying my dad a personalized bottle of Guinness as a souvenir. But the best floor will be the amazing circular room surrounded by windows known as the Gravity Bar. How wonderful would it be to see all of Dublin from there (very CN tower-esque) while enjoying beer. (info from guinness-storehouse.com) This day cannot get any better! 

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/56/8b/f0/guinness-storehouse.jpg
Front gates of the iconic Guinness Storehouse

           We decided that we'd return to the same hotel we stayed at the first two nights in Dublin. It is a good price and on the edge of Temple Bar district. We plan on relaxing and prepping for a late night and early morning the next day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment