Sunday 10 March 2013

Day 1: Leaving on a jet plane

          Why not fly to Dublin on the 13th (we are not superstitious)! Wanting to save money and time I found a direct flight to the Dublin Airport from Toronto (If I can manage to guilt my parents to driving us to the airport that would save us money but, if that is not possible we will drive from London ourselves and leave our car in a park and fly). I will also have to remember to get some Euros as some places do not take credit cards (LP 16), nor do I want to use my credit card if I do not have to. 

http://www.parknfly.ca/toronto/en/toronto.aspx
The price of not being cute enough

          I have traveled with Air Transat before and had no problems at all with my flights so I enjoy the airline. What Josh and I plan on doing though is only packing a carry-on suitcase. This way we save time by not having to check the luggage and it makes it a lot easier to move around from hotel to hotel without dragging around heavy suitcases and trying to fit them in our small car. I went to Europe for 18 days with only a carry-on, I should be able to manage this! 
expedia.ca
Best deal I could find :)


          As my family loves to travel, we have become part of the Emerald club at National Car rental. This way, we can save money (as the picture below shows) and time (as we do not have to wait in line to rent a vehicle). I am also lucky my boyfriend is able to drive standard as pretty much all of the rental vehicles in Ireland are standard (LP 17)! I also made sure to rent a GPS navigation device. We will be touring Ireland on our own so we want to make sure we don't get lost or spend the majority of our time looking at our maps rather than the scenery.
 
www.nationalcar.ca
 Price with discount
 
Price without discount

No comments:

Post a Comment